During these difficult times, everybody needs to be a lot more mindful with who and what we come into contact with, and with the increase of online orders across the country it's no wonder that many are concerned about the risk parcels arriving at their doors could pose to you and your family.
To help put your mind at ease, Public Health England have advised that there is no perceived increase in risk of contracting the new coronavirus for handling post or freight from specified areas. From experience with other coronaviruses, research has shown that these types of viruses don't survive long on objects, such as letters or parcels.
All of our staff are kept fully informed of the safety measures in place to help avoid the spread of COVID-19 which includes:
- No visitors allowed onto the premises; only staff are permitted to enter
- Every staff member is required to thoroughly sanitise their hands upon entry and to practice frequent and proper hand-washing
- All pickers and packers are to wear a clean pair of gloves for each shift to prevent contamination of products or equipment
- Staff are briefed on a strict process to follow should symptoms arise
- Every member of staff has been given an FFP3 face mask
Going forward, we'll continue to monitor the advice of Public Health England and the UK government, making changes to our practices as required. We are confident that the steps we are taking will help us to operate as normally as possible while also putting the well-being of our staff and customers as a number one priority.
As always, our wonderful customer service team is on hand to support you if you have any questions or concerns at all.
Submit a ticket