Vaper's tongue is a 'condition' where you're unable to taste your e-liquid as much as you used to, or no longer taste it at all. This isn't considered serious and typically clears up in a few days, but in some cases can last a week or two.
Vaper's tongue is thought to be caused by a few different things:
- Dehydration - not having enough to drink can dry out the mouth. Saliva is important to in helping your taste-buds work as they should
- Those who have smoked for a long time previously may have a lessened sense of taste. Tobacco is notorious for dulling sense of smell and taste
- Having a cold or the flu can dull your sense of taste
- Using the same flavour consistently for a long period of time can dull your experience of it; the same can happen with foods
- An old coil or atomiser can cause your e-liquid to not taste as great as it should
If you'd like some more information on how we recommend you clear up vaper's tongue, check out our blog post.
Submit a ticket