Many ex-smokers, when making the switch to vaping, are looking for a taste and nicotine hit that recreates the experience of smoking the cigarettes they are used to. It's hard to say exactly which e-cigarette flavour is like Marlboro or Mayfair or Pall Mall (for example), as people's taste buds vary; different flavour notes will come to the fore more strongly for different people. After vaping for a while, you might even find that the last flavour you want is that of a cigarette! This article lays out the available options for ex-smokers looking for a tobacco- (or menthol-) flavoured vape.
One option is cigalikes, or cigarette-style e-cigarettes. Cigalikes tend to have similar dimensions to regular cigarettes, and are often available with medium to high nicotine content. For recent converts to e-cigarettes, this can be really helpful; if you used to smoke regular cigarettes, the nicotine strength of most cigalikes should be about the right amount to satisfy your cravings. One cigarette-style option is the Vapestick XL Starter Kit. Refills for the XL are available in medium nicotine strength (11mg or 1.1% nicotine) and high nicotine strength (18mg or 1.8% nicotine); the 11mg strength is a good starting point for lighter smokers, while 18mg is best for formerly heavy smokers who need a strong throat hit of nicotine. Most cigalikes are available in both tobacco and menthol flavours (as well as a range of others), so both standard and menthol smokers will be able to find something for them.
Another option is to team a vape pen with a tobacco-flavoured e-liquid. This can be a better long-term option if you're quitting smoking; it's often cheaper to keep yourself topped up with e-liquid than it is to buy packs of cigalike refills, and vape pen batteries are normally designed to last. Vape pen starter kits generally consist of a battery and a refillable tank for e-liquid. E-liquid is the flavoured juice that you vaporise when you're vaping, and it comes in a huge range of options both in terms of flavour and nicotine strength. Tobacco-flavoured e-liquids come in all sorts of varieties:
- For a straightforward British tobacco vape, try out Hoxton Click British Tobacco e-liquid, KiK Number 88 Tobacco e-liquid or VIP British Gold e-liquid.
- For a smooth tobacco taste, Vype Blended Tobacco e-liquid, KiK Smooth Tobacco e-liquid, Vapouriz Classic Tobacco and Vampire Vape Smooth Weston e-liquid fit the bill.
- For an American-style golden tobacco experience, try Vivid Golden Tobacco e-liquid , TECC Titus ADV Titus Tobacco e-liquid or Vype Golden Tobacco e-liquid.
- For a taste of hand-rolled Virginia tobacco, ideal for former roll-up smokers, give Halo Vapor Co. Classic Virginia e-liquid, Vapourlites Virginia Tobacco e-liquid, Hoxton Rolling Tobacco e-liquid, Liberty Flights Tobacco Virginia or EcigWizard Wizard's Leaf e-liquid a go.
- For a strong, robust tobacco flavour, KiK's USA Red e-liquid and Halo Vapor Co. American Red e-liquid are great options. These are perfect for ex-smokers of stronger-tasting cigarettes.
- For vapers looking for a taste similar to silver- or gold-labelled cigarettes, KiK Gold & Silver Tobacco e-liquid is ideal.
- For a slightly sweeter, lighter tobacco, try Vampire Vape Sweet Tobacco e-liquid, TECC Titus ADV Tobacco Gold or Perino Gold.
- For pipe tobacco enthusiasts, try EcigWizard The Sherlock e-liquid.
- For a powerful, woody cigar flavour, try out EcigWizard Havana Tobacco e-liquid.
- For menthol smokers, try Apollo Classic Tobacco-Menthol e-liquid or Hoxton Menthol King e-liquid. Our full range of menthol blends is available by clicking here.
Browse our full range of tobacco e-liquids by clicking this link. Please note: if you are not using a kit designed for sub-ohm vaping, make sure to choose an e-liquid containing more PG than VG, or a 50/50 PG/VG blend. High-VG e-liquid (60% VG or above) is too thick to be absorbed by the coils used in normal vape pens, and will give you an unpleasant taste.
Pods and Pod Mods
Pod mods are huge at the moment due to their unbelievable convenience and the fantastic vaping experience they provide. Rather than having to refill an e-liquid tank, pod mods take pre-filled e-liquid pods which simply slot into place in your device with no hassle. There are a range of great tobacco and menthol pods available which have a cigarette-like flavour.
If you have a BO One Starter Kit, you can get the following tobacco-flavoured pods (in medium or high nicotine strength, or in nicotine-free):
- BO Brun Français E-Liquid Caps - a bold dark tobacco flavour reminiscent of pipe tobacco.
- BO Mi5 E-Liquid Caps - for lovers of loose leaf, BO Mi5 caps are woody, satisfying and perfect for vaping throughout the day.
- BO Gold RX E-Liquid Caps - a classic tobacco vape packed with nutty smoothness.
- BO USA Mix E-Liquid Caps - a rich American-style tobacco blend.
- BO RY4 E-Liquid Caps - a sweet mixture of tobacco, vanilla and caramel.
- BO Dune K E-Liquid Caps - a mild blond tobacco.
- BO Colombia Chapter I E-Liquid Caps - Colombian tobacco meets relaxing black tea and pear.
- BO Colombia Chapter II E-Liquid Caps - a refined Colombian oak-aged tobacco flavour.
- You can also get BO Arctical Menthol E-Liquid Caps for a minty menthol vape.
A fairly recent introduction to the vaping world, nicotine-salt-based e-liquids give you all the satisfaction of a strong, cigarette-style nicotine hit without the harsh scratchiness in your throat that stronger e-liquids can sometimes give. The most straightforward option for trying out nicotine salts is to pick up an Aspire Gusto Mini. The Gusto Mini doesn't need refilling with e-liquid as it's a pod-based system; just pop in a pre-filled e-liquid pod and you're ready to go! All of the Gusto Mini NS20 pods are made with nicotine salts, and there are a range of flavours available from Honey Roasted Tobacco to Frost (Icy Menthol).
Submit a ticket